- In October 2nd, the newly elected Nation Commander will visit Post 86 for a meet and greet luncheon. Everyone is welcome, look for more information as we get closer to that date. Post 86 will also host a leadership conference for the 2nd and 3rd Districts, dates TBA.
- The Department of Connecticut will kick off the celebration of the Centennial of the birth of the Legion, Saturday, November 10th at the Aqua-Turf Club in Southington.
- Veteran's Day will be November 11th, and we will once again celebrate a centennial, this being the end of WWI.
- Saturday, December 15th at 10:00 AM, Boy Scout Troop 125 will again hold their annual Wreath laying ceremony at Wilton's Veterans Memorial. They will then go to Hillside Cemetery to lay wreaths at veteran's graves. Contact us if you would like to participate.
- In between, we will be involved with Legion baseball, Boys State, the Boy and Girls Scouts, the library and the Marine Corps Reserve, to name a few.
James B. Whipple
American Legion Post 86