- 2018 is shaping up to be another exciting year for Post 86. We will working on cleaning and painting the basement for more room for the Thursday Night Crew. We also hope to start a program to invite school classes to the Post for some local history, as well as Post 86 and veteran's history.
- Memorial Day will take place May 28th, with our usual parade and ceremony at Hillside cemetery, to be followed by our picnic at the Post.
- Saturday June 2nd, Post 86 will host the 2nd & 3rd District Leadership Conference. It will begin at 9:30 AM and last until about 2:30 PM. Lunch will be served.
- Sunday, June 3rd we will remember the death of James B. Whipple in WWI France.
- Saturday June 9th, Post 86 will proudly host Congressman Jim Himes annual Military Academy Appointees, that he advanced. The reception will be 4:00 to 5:00 PM and refreshments will be served.
- July 13-15 is the Department Convention. See the Adjutant if you wish to represent Post 86.
- The Flag Retirement ceremony is scheduled for Sunday, September 10th.
- Friday September 21st, the annual Department Golf Tournament will be held at River Ridge Golf Course, in Griswold, CT. This is always a great day, with good golf, food and prizes. The cost is $125 per person, and a bargain at that. Contact the adjutant for more information.
- The Department of Connecticut will kick off the celebration of the Centennial of the birth of the Legion, Saturday, November 10th at the Aqua-Turf Club in Southington.
- Veteran's Day will be November 11th, and we will once again celebrate a centennial, this being the end of WWI.
- In between, we will be involved with Legion baseball, Boys State, the Boy and Girls Scouts, the library and the Marine Corps Reserve, to name a few.
James B. Whipple
American Legion Post 86