- Saturday April 13th, we will host a Blue Star ceremony for local families with active duty serving family members. It starts at 1:00 PM and we need all hands on deck.
- Saturday, May 11th from 9:00 AM-4:00 PM we are holding a "wish list" collection for those veterans living at the Homes for the Brave and Female Soldiers, Forgotten Heroes homes.
- Saturday, June 8th we will remember the 75th Anniversary of D-Day in Europe. There will be a program at 10:00 AM and again at 1:00 PM. There will be videos, a lecture, directed more to the younger people. Stickers and mini-Flags will be given out to children.
- July 4th will see us attend the fireworks with our POW-MIA table, as well as an informational table. Hand-outs to children will be given as well.
- Sunday, September 15th will be our annual Flag Retirement ceremony with picnic. In addition, after the Flags are burned, we will invite one Boy Scout and one Girl Scout to share a reading of the American Legion's National Charter.
- Monday, November 11th is Veteran's Day, with a parade, ceremony at the Veteran's Memorial, then refreshments at the Post before we head out to the schools.
James B. Whipple
American Legion Post 86