James B. Whipple
American Legion Post 86
- Memorial Day, May 27th the veterans will meet in the parking lot next to the Wilton Hardware at 9:15. After the ceremony at Hillside Cemetery, we will host a picnic, thanks to Connie von Zwehl, all veterans and their families are welcome!
- Saturday, June 8th we will remember the 75th Anniversary of D-Day in Europe. There will be a program at 10:00 AM and again at 1:00 PM. There will be a video, a quiz (with a special reward for correct answers) based on the video, a question/answer session. We will also have handouts to everyone attending as well as water and snacks.
- We will be holding election for Post officers June 11th, at our monthly meeting. Anyone wishing to run for a position should be at the meeting. We are looking for a Finance Officer.
- July 4th will see us attend the fireworks with our POW-MIA table, as well as an informational table. Hand-outs to children will be given as well.
- Sunday, September 15th will be our annual Flag Retirement ceremony with picnic. In addition, after the Flags are burned, we will invite one Boy Scout and one Girl Scout to share a reading of the American Legion's National Charter.
- Monday, November 11th is Veteran's Day, with a parade, ceremony at the Veteran's Memorial, then refreshments at the Post before we head out to the schools.